Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

mainly i (still) like you (for nostalgic purposes)

Posted in ,

There have been many discoveries recently. Mostly about the guys I used to have a crush on and those who once lost their minds and fell for me.

Actually there is only one discovery - a common denominator among these homo sapiens - they have all moved on.

Amongst them , one has gotten married and has a one year old son, one has happily settled with his foreign girlfriend, the other changes his partners so frequently I couldn't keep up, one is dating an ex-intern seated behind me in my ex-company, (Yeah I know, what are the odds man?) and one is still chasing after the same type of girls whom I could never model after.

I, I am still reminiscing about past fantasies and crushes. Occasionally I would take out a certain diary and flip the pages and chuckle to myself. Aww... such a silly girl I was. I'd hurriedly call Chris and made her listen to my (very) silly entries about boys, school and friends. I thought they were funny. Funny to look back at. Funny to poke fun at. Funny to remember for a lifetime.

I hate to think that all these lovely memories would one day be wiped clean by any form of memory
deficiency. (I always suspect that some pre-mature alzheimer's disease is lurking at the back of my head) Memories good or bad, are all so dear to me; for they are part of my life. They make me! One can erase a written mistake but cannot erase the reality of truth. Perhaps that's what makes me a nostalgic person. But Muriel Maufroy has cleverly described what nostalgia can do to a person in his book, Rumi's Daugther:


'Nostalgia is a powerful and cunning witch. If you are not careful. she will seduce you back into the past and suck the sap out of your life. the you will find yourself empty-handed with only misty dreams for comfort.'

Comments (3)

awww... sometimes it's funny to look back at what silly things we have done and realize how much we haven/haven't grown...

Yeah it's funny and interesting to look back!

oh yes. But what if, we're moving forward and looking back to laugh, but didn't realise that our hands are still clinging on to the past?