I waited. I couldn't taste my food. I recited my prayers without thinking. I stared into space absent-mindedly when the priest spoke. I couldn't listen to any conversation made to me.
When is 屎命必达 coming?? Pacing up and down the church's carpark, a hundred and one thought whizzed past my mind. Plan B, plan C, Plan D and I cursed when the alphabets stopped at Z. Then at the eleventh hour, a FEDEX van turned into the carpark!
FEDEX Man: You waited for this long huh?
Me: YES!!!!!
I didn't pay extra for 'TOP PROIRITY / URGENT' express service just for the kick of it! Plus I called 1800 7432626 like a zillion times; enough to know which press the buttons ahead of the robotic voice behind the speaker.
I clung on to the evelope like my dear life in the taxi, on my way to the bank. I bet I've never looked so nervously into my watch that many times within that 20 minutes.
But it didn't matter. It was only a huge fuss all for nothing. The document which I'm supposed to exchange for with my Fedex package... is not there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments (0)
Post a Comment