Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

what a fool

Posted in

It doesn't pay to take initiative to improve things around at work. At least in my case. At least in my case, I work for a cold hard bitch.

I don't usually call my boss names. I don't agree of such doing. But my threshold of insensitive, unappreciative actions of my boss, has topped off the ceiling.

In light of constant grouses of our 'outdated' database, I finally took time to settle my arse on the very uncomfortable office chair, and started compiling every excel spreadsheet that existed in the shared common network. I de-duplicated records, corrected spelling errors, deleted out-dated records and researched for new contact details to every record, as best as I could. A new account was created on our database management program (a super lousy one though) and all records were poured in. I was satisfied. Now records can be updated through one point, we can take note of those who wants to unsubscribe to our mailing list and past records of contacts can be easily viewed. Work processes would become more efficient than ever.

THEN, higher management decides it's too 'dangerous' to leave the account 'too easily accessible' to others in the company.

Boss: Can you remove or delete the whole database?

I was this close to blurting out 'Fuck You'. This close.

What's with her biatchitude? Didn't she realise bits and pieces of the database have been lying around in our SHARED network ALL THESE WHILE? Anyone could have access to it anyway! And what's up with not trusting people in our own team? Don't hire them if you don't even have that bit of trust in them! In fact, I'm doing her a favour by limiting the database to only the relevant few who have access the database management program.

I should taken my doctor's advice - take a day off and recover from this awful bout of cold. I should have. Should have just stayed at home. I'm so tired...

missybrowneyes is an incidental blogger whose powderfool speakers are blasting The Jets - Cold Hard Bitch.

Comments (2)

aiyo...
in current times, doing more doesn't always mean getting appreciated.

unless we are the boss, I think we should just do our boring mundane assigned task. Full stop and nothing more.

Oh well, a colleague said it's just 'one of those periods' and I have 'ride through this steak of bad luck, & everything will be okay soon'.