Posted in grousings
A nice young lady I know met with a misfortune last night. Her car collided with 2 other vehicles and her boyfriend passed away on-the-spot. This young lady is now in critical condition.
Through my best friend ShuQin, I came to know this young lady this Lunar New Year. Gregarious and warm-loving, she played a good host to me even though we met for only the first time. I have problems remembering names, including hers. But I have no problems remembering her sweet personality and the laughter we shared as we feasted along her flat's corridor.
I was wondering how to start my prayer for her and as I surfed through my daily readings, a colleague directed me to yesterday's readings:Sometimes circumstances can push us over the edge. Things are going great for us until we’re suddenly stricken by a serious illness or a bad accident, and then life becomes burdensome. We may start to question whether God really cares for us, or we may even wonder what we have done that has caused him to single us out for punishment. In these situations, even the best of us can lose our perspective, and we may even get mad at God and cry out, “What are you trying to do to me?”
The reading from the Bible narrates the agony of a blind man and the cruel fate of a widow (for 7 times). Both could have wallowed in self-pity or even end their lives. But they didn't. Instead, they praised God. Ding dong right? In my faith, whenever trials or difficulties come our way, it is our response that makes all the difference. The passage continues:Their hearts were not bitter, and they sought to be delivered from this world only because they wanted so much to be with the Lord. They were more interested in God’s will than in their own healing—nevertheless, they were healed anyway!
I believe in God's will and his plans for this young lady. For He has promised this: I will never fail you or forsake you. - Hebrews 13:5

Comments (0)
Post a Comment