Pictures first:

Air Canada; Boeing 777

KLM (Royal Dutch Airline); SIA (Singapore Airlines)
I was forwarded an email which got me ooh and ahh with the pictures of the resting corners where flight attendants have their breaks on-board the airplane. They may not be qualified as 'proper beds' as compared to the ones back home but they sure beat the pathetically cramped Economy Class seat and having to put up with the body odor of John Doe next to you. Imagine squeezing about and curling oneself like a silkworm in the cocoon for 5 hours. Lagi worse if you're travelling on long haul. -sigh- Yes, I'm bitter about my company's lowest economy air fare policy.
And just when I'm beginning to envy the high-flier lifestyle of air stewardess, I recalled the many advices people have given me when my first interview with SIA failed. Correction: I didn't fail; the interviewers prefer singlish-speaking ah-lians and think that being bimbotic is the new image for the SIA girl. OOPS! Stereotype!
-clears throat- Anyway, everyone thought that I should try my luck with the then-upcoming low cost carriers. Who knows what kind of enriching experience it may bring me and advancement possibilities for my career with other reputable airlines? I was toying with the idea for awhile when...
AIR ASIA?!
I should be contented with the lowest economy air fare policy for the time being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Even ah lians can get hired. sour grapes?
My best flight attendant story is probably when I rode to the airport on a hotel shuttle with some female attendant talking to her friend the whole way about how she was going to break up with her boyfriend in Toronto, but not until after they attended a friend's wedding so it wouldn't be awkward there.
I once overheard flight attendants bitching about a fellow passenger. Just when they thought it was safe to gossip behind the curtains, I stumbled into their gossip zone and innocently asked for a deck of playing cards. hah! Imagine the look on their faces - stunned.