Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

it's a wrap!

Posted in

I can't really explain how the show in Pattaya went because there're simply too many things to talk about, and unless you have 7days and 7nights to spare, you really don't want me to go into it. The Manager managed to kept things brief and wrote us an email:

Hi everyone
I am sure all of you are glad that this show is finally over!

Murphy's law definitely ruled the show - everything that could go wrong went wrong eg military coup in Thailand caused some cancellations, XXX venue provider accepted one show before ours so we had to set up organiser's office twice, one buyer was hospitalised and had to undergo an operation, photocopiers were late and one didn't work, walkie talkies didn't work, all hosted delegates travelling on XXX official airline had to get their taxes and surcharges reimbursed onsite causing a lot of complaints, contractor was too slow and had a lot of complaints, signages were up very late, freight forwarder forgot to ship standees for SMB so we got these the night before SMB, pulley for big Hong Kong banner broke, students were lazy and nowhere to be seen and even two girls fought with each other on the last day (thank goodness the delegates were already gone then), I got the winners of two sticky awards mixed up so have to go 'make it up' with XXX hotel etc etc etc.

One good thing above all this is that many exhibitors were happy with their appointments and so XXX colleague didn't have to hide her face in a paperbag. I think she even got 1-2 early bird booking forms onsite ? I believe XXX colleague also had some early bird bookings for XXX show. The other good thing I heard is that delegates liked some of the sessions, so we may have a hard time deciding the 'Stickiest Guru'.

I am just thankful and grateful we survived this show. We were put to the test many times but we managed to overcome the obstacles (some of them caused by XXX co-organiser, XXX venue provider and XXX official airline, our friendly partners).

Boy! Was I tired ! I slept and slept yesterday, thinking I would require one week to recover fully. I even lost 2-3 pounds (my pants are loose!).

Again, thank you everyone for your hard work and sticking together as a team.

There, she has sumed it up. Actually, there were a few more cock-ups which she didn't know of (hell we are not intending to let her know lest she gets heart attack over and over). We solved those menacing problems anyway. =)

Comments (0)