Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

homecoming

Posted in

I love Singapore - clean, organised and safe among all other things. But a part of me realised why I first looked forward in getting away for 9 days - rude and ugly Singaporeans. I simply cannot catch the wrong flight out from Bangkok. All I have to do is to look out for typical loud and obnoxious homo sapiens whose words are always laced with lahs, lehs and lohs.

Anyway, the new Suvarnabhumi Intl Airport looks like it needs a couple more months before construction is finished. Or is it already done? Silver steel and unfurnished greyish concrete - I thought the concrete walls need a coat of painting or something.






















The picture looks better than the real thing. Really.

I was so prepared to turn 'anti-social' on our way from airport to Pattaya. I plugged into Wei's Samsung mp4 and soon decided it is not needed; Sam was cracking me up with his usual nonsensical jokes which kept me pretty occupied.

















The sun was too glaring
lah.

Our host from Royal Cliff Beach Hotel and PEACH brought us to Jomtien Beach for dinner. Boy, it was windy! Am not posting that 'messy hair' picture. We had a walk through the infamous Walking Street which, still until today, gives Pattaya the bad name for its sleaziness. True enough. Flash your Flesh parade.




















She was dancing in a glass/plastic enclosure on the second level, like a moving display. Eastern European?















Read on the signboard: Hooty's Show Girls
Read on the plyboard: Hooty's Many New Girls

I became very upbeat when I went round the convention and hotel premises the next morning and saw signages and banners around the area, directing delegates to our show. Everything looks so well done.





























The opening ceremony was fab especially the performance on the Water Goddess.
















Without a doubt, it's shopping galore at Bangkok! aJ definitely is wiser when it comes to financial matters. Me,
NAH... I don't recall buying much stuff but why did I run out of pennies? Thank goodness for Yann Banking Pte Ltd - Loan Department who stepped in to relieve the emptiness in my Volcom wallet. Heh.
















Red bean shake at MK Restaurant
















Taking a water break at Chutuchuk Weedend Market

Section 9 of Chutuchak sells living creatures - pets.
















We had trouble getting out of here. The dogs were too adorable.





























I stopped taking pictures here onwards. The living conditions of the dogs at the later section were horrendous - they were packed in hordes in the open. As a homo sapien whose intellectual is higher than of the four-legged counterparts, I already had trouble keeping myself cool in the warm & humid air, under the canvas canopy. Imagine the heat under those fur... -
cringes-
















We thought it was dead and panicked for a while. For a moment, I blamed myself for having such thick fingers which couldn't get through the cage's door to get the poor hamster out. Until the lady boss came over calmly. She pulled the hamster and said, "Sleep. Everyday sleep sleep sleep."

I have to mention about the stewpid tuktuk man who tried to con us to cough up 500 baht for the trip back to the hotel, when an air-conditioned taxi would only cost us no more than 40 baht. I opened my eyes wide at him and exclaimed, "WHAT??!!" He must be nuts.

I returned to Singapore on my own and boy, it was really an adventure. I found only 20 baht left in my pocket after paying the taxi fare and airport taxes. A sense of helplessness overwhelmed me as I walked past the duty-free shops. Like I know there's money in my debit card but can use in Thailand mah? I didn't know.

Getting back to this little red dot is good, except that I could really do without the haze.

Comments (0)