Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

random indulgences

Posted in ,

If you don't already know, I'm a sweet Italian dessert buff. So you could imagine when I learnt about Menotti, it was like 'How could I have not known this earlier?'

While waiting for Karen & co, I ordered a glass of Bellini, peach-flavoured sparkling wine and settled myself in the cosy restaurant. At about 6pm, the restaurant's only filled with less than 4 tables. Pretty romantic but I wouldn't say the same an hour or so later. I sure did make myself very comfortably by getting a table just next to the dessert display counter. Then I fell into a lil trance just staring at the lovely pastries...



Aww... tell me how not to lick my lips like a hungry puppy. I had a hard time deciding my main course when dessert is damn tempting. Many times I glanced over the menu, trying to concentrate on pastas, risotto and pizzas. Damn it Angie, decide the damn main course and we can all move on to dessert! The set dinner at $34 is a bargain. So I settled for Linguine e Granchio, linguine in tomato sauce and crabmeat galore! Karen went for the lamb shank and Joshua had some other pasta which was really tasty. But since I don't remember much about our main courses, I guess it meant while they were good, they weren't very fantastic.

Skip the pasta! I can't wait to move on to dessert.

Soffiato, Warm Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Tiramisu, Mascarpone cheese cake with ladyfinger biscuits, coffee and cocoa

Balanzone, sundae of chocolate, chocolate-chip mint and chocolate-chip gelato, meringue, chocolate sauce and crunchy praline bits

I think it couldn't be more wrong to say 'Is heaven here?' after my first mouthful of Soffiato. There are just too too TOO many desserts to choose from. I would just have to visit the restaurant another 24 times to taste every sweet dessert on its menu. Heh.

As spontaneous as we are, the gang decided further intoxication is necessary and we adjourned to The Scarlet Hotel for drinks. Strange that I didn't realise the boutique hotel is just a couple streets away from my office!

I swear that the big red designer sofa was welcoming me with wide open arms. No cue needed. I soon slumped into a series of trigger-happy mode.

Seeing red...

I, wondrous being of light and splendor

Then I have to spoil the night by ordering a Pina Codala. I am no fan of coconut-in-my-drink. It tasted awfully awful. I should have stuck with Mijito.

Random... have you had the experience of talking/writing about something, you go on and on, then somewhere somehow you're just don't know how to end it? You are look around for a cue and go 'Err.. ok... erm... it sure is dark in here...'

Yeah I don't know how to end this post. But yeah, my weekend indulgences =)

Comments (0)