Posted in grousings , random gibberish
As much I've openly displayed indifference to the present status of my ex-primary schoolmates, Siyuan NEVER fails to overload my grey matter with updates and photos. Of recent, he seems to love quizzing me on names of those present in recent photos, "How many do you recognise?"
I asked him if I'd score points by listing the names and so what if I remember them or not? If he's trying to reduce me into a weeping sorry and guilt-filled girl for not remembering her old-time playmates' faces/names, he's certainly barking on the wrong tree. I had to explain how I even have trouble remembering my previous night's dinner or the face of the guy I last dated, much less names/faces of people whom I haven't spoken or met in donkey years.
Strangely, I recognised most of their faces. How strange. As I scanned through each of their faces, it seems that most of them haven't evolved developed changed much. Then came the ultimate:
Siyuan: You remember Liwen? She got married last month.
Me: Liwen?
-Pregnant pause-
Me: Wear specs? The one with bunny teeth?
SY: You very mean leh. say she got bunny teeth.
Excuse moi, monsieur. I merely stated a FACT. It was a blatantly open conspicuous unconcealed true-to-the-blardy-bone matter of FACT.
Me: I didn't say 'ugly bunny teeth'. I said 'bunny teeth' - fact.
Anywho... this little girl (bunny teeth) was transformed into a dazzling woman in her scarlet wedding gown. I furrowed a bit to mentally fit this woman vs. bunny teeth girl. Those braces work yeah? My brows knitted tightly as I pictured myself getting married last October (just putting myself in her shoes). -shudders-
Then again, no girl wouldn't look her best on her wedding unless you opt to perm your hair in the tightest curl ever, pile on make-up like a ge-tai performer and plaster on a glitter tattoo on the back of your shoulder. Oh actually I remember who walked down the aisle with that look.
Hair: checked
Make-up: checked
Tattoo: checked
My cousin's wife. Perhaps she's been a closet Lian for so long and needed to express her unique individualistic style on her big day. I didn't take any pictures for that wedding, otherwise I could laugh my arse off for many years.
I digressed.
It's strange to learn that your same age playmates are (1) married (2) getting married (3) expecting their first child. Not sure if divorce is something I'd be hearing next. Anyway, it's double the strangeness: we're only 23! Okay, 24 when December comes. Still... here I am, still bursting my piggy bank every month end, while these people pay for their flat/maisonette/condo/that big landed shit for the blardy rich ones. Here I am, inching further away from crying babies on the train while these people plan to poop one out. Here I am, daydreaming about the last kiss I shared with Adam and how I had to turn him down with a crucifix hanging down my neck while these people can have sex legally!
What the #@$*!%#*!
I don't really know how to end this post except to tell you good night while I ride away into my free-spirited dessert-dry life under the splendid sunset. Whatever that means.

Hey, why didn't you write about what Adam said? Heh.
-hand rubs chin-
What did he say?
hah...I guess I am same as you..still loathing around without a mate..and spending money like nobody business..
Oh ya... I am too inspired in dropping so many comments in a single day to spice up this fantastic blog of yours, that i actually slipped something important for you to Keep In View.
Guess what, It is time to do a primary school classmate gathering. Well, you missed out the previous one which i organised on behalf of Siyuan, so probably you are not in the loop of what is concluded; that we will be organising such gathering ideally twice a year, if not there should be at least once annually.
To lessen the all-time initiatives from Siyuan, Myself will be part of the on-going organizing committee, as a repayment for missing out so many of these outings back in the teenage years.
Tentatively, this coming one should fall in between mid to end August. Hope you are able to join us, and rekindle that precious and rare friendship. It's rare because how many people are still in contact with their primary school peers.
Best regards,
PS. Continue to blog more so i can drop in more smelly craps!
-JR