Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

that's shady

Posted in

Other than keeping a collection of the badges of all the trade events and exhibitions I've been to, I probably do have another indulgence hobby to keep myself occupied!

I thought one classic pair of sunglasses (think:
aviator) can last me for a very long time. Like I can gladly dump away all other $39.90 FarEastPlaza bags and stick to one Hermés Birken Kelly bag (if ever I have one!). But I can't. Maybe one pair of shades for casual weekends and one for... corporate Mondays. So I got two. Maybe one for the beach to keep off the sand in the wind and the salty seawater when I go for jet-skiing. So I got three. Maybe one of a lighter shade for not-so-glaring-sunny-days. So I got four. Maybe one oversized gradient lenses more for i-feel-like-being-LA-gLAm-days. And now I'm addicted and cannot help walking past the store without admiring those beautiful shades until the sales assistants chase me away.

If I'm any wealthier, I'd probably own a whole cabinet full of shades and they will be kept behind the crystal-clear glass for all to admire. My first pair is an aviator with tinted skyblue lens and a few stick-on crystals at the bottom corner on one side of the lens - an inspiration from Charlie's Angel the movie. I thought it was cool. And the tinted lens trend came back to fashion last year for awhile, though skyblue may still look a bit tacky... Anyway I hid it away and forgot where it is now.

There should be more than 6 (pictured) if I want to include those I bought for The Mother . Blame it on her - she bought me my first pair of sunglasses when I was in primary school. I would always look up to her in awe as she slides her shades on and stepped out of the house like a true blue taitai awaiting for the paparazzi to furiously snap pictures of her in her oversized shades. -shakes away mental visual-

Yours truly is, by the way, obsessed with Bvlgari's eyewear collection. -ahem- Yes, it is Bvlgari's store assistants who nearly needed to drag me out of the store.

Take for example its basic deisgn - Bvlgari Bvgalri Wraparound. Slick.












My personal fave is the Cicladi Wraparound. Take notice the details at the hinge - Bvlgari-engraved spinning discs. Details details.











I'm beginning to appreciate white frames and Bvlgari's Astrale Acetate (Special Edition ) makes sure I fall in love with the backcome trend.










Now who's afraid that blardy sun?

Comments (0)