Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

a kind of service

Posted in ,

Some good friend of mine, currently in the States, is wiping off every designer jeans he fancies and tempting me to join him in his frenzy shopping spree. Thou shalt not fall into the temptation. Alright, mainly because my recently pay raise is only enough to pay a month of StarHub's newly increased cable rates, but not enough to buy me even a rivet of a pair of Joe's Jeans.

Speaking of jeans and rivets, last Sunday saw me window-shopping in Bugis Village (after the disappointment at Haji-shopsdon'topenionsundays-Lane). T-shirt and shorts - I was in a perfect gear for clothes-trying session. So I went around scouting for a good pair of jeans. The young sales assistant assured me that the pair of jeans was a new piece when I made my payment. But my my, The Mother found a rivet missing its the other half when she was preparing to wash the pair of jeans the next day. Well, for 30bucks, you get this kind of nonsense sometimes. Back at the store, the same sales assistant took back the pair of jeans and started scrutinizing every hem and stitch. After stretching and rubbing the cloth, she put her nose to the garment. Fish, do you really have to do this?

Sales Girl: Have you washed this before?
Me: No no, I haven't wore this nor have I washed it. It was bought only two days ago.

I wasn't lying but she ain't convinced. The boss made his appearance and repeated the same ritual to the garment: stretching, rubbing, smelling. Hello... you wanna lick it to detect any perspiration on it??

Boss: If you have washed this, we cannot exchange a new piece for you.
Me: I find no reason to lie to you. I have better things to do than to walk under this blardy hot sun in my suit from Raffles Place to come exchange this 30dollar piece of cloth.

The exchange was made. -smiles- I made my point again by telling the boss that I'm not one of those al-cheapo customers he thought I was. Thinking back, he mentioned that the colour of the jeans is different from the rest of the new pieces. Now, what does this say about 'new' pair of jeans I originally bought? I didn't see it with my own eyes but I gave the sales girl a benefit of the doubt when she said it was a new piece. After all, clothes on display are usually of the smallest size possible. Nobody hangs a size 29 out for display. Oops! Anyway, it sucks being accused of an al-cheapo lying customer. I am not, okay!

*****

This is a slightly longer post.

The Client Service Director of an established local advertising agency wrote to me to arrange for an interview, supposedly for last evening. I can tell you that most ad agencies love to plant their arse at odd locations. E.g.: behind a certain hawker centre, beside a certain highway and at the far end of a certain road well-known for its glorious clubbing history (before Zouk, St.James and MoS even exists). Anyway, in my best black striped shirt and white pants, I walked a distance from the bus stop into the vicinity in my leather pumps (have to complain about the slight discomfort) and was drowning in my own sweat under the warm evening sun. Trying my best attempt to stay 'cool', I stepped into an office of... white. So white, I was nearly blinded and further blinded by the rows of trophies the agency has collected.

I digress. Long story short, the staff was not expecting me. I thought I was in the wrong office when they shot me weird looks. Or maybe I was over-dressed because everyone else is just donning shirts and jeans. Hmm... one walked past with slippers... I was finally addressed after some time and was told the Director did not turn up for work due to illness.

Uh huh. And they weren't instructed to expect me. Uh huh. Says a lot about a Client Service Director huh...

Comments (4)

wah seh, I think that shop really sucks lor. (actually a lot of shops also like that. When your money is still in your wallet, they treat you nice nice. When they got the money and you got the goods, everything turns the other way round.)

Sigh, not my Mother thinks the replaced pair of jeans doesn't look as nice as the former one.

"This one looks so yellow!"

What the...

wah... that's from bad to worse.

see what u get when you don't purchase designer jeans. =X