Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

keep it SIMple

Posted in

All I wanted is to play SimCity. But I'm not getting it.

Because poor folks like me ain't got money to own the Maxis game, the free SimCity Classic should satisfy me enough. But first, I gotta register with Maxis User Registration System. The system warned me that this game doesn't go well with Netscape Navigator. Fine, because I don't use Netscape anyway. But the next landing page leads me to 'CLICK HERE TO START SIMCITY CLASSIC ON NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR'. What the... and there is no other option available. So no matter how I tried searching, I'm stuck with an option I can't use.

Then I learnt about Sims Online. I needed to sign up another account. Fine. I waited for an email which guided me to a webpage full of FAQs and there, I am guided to another page which requires me to register another account with www.ea.com.sg and register (again!) to update my Billing Information so that I get my free trial code which in return will allow me to register a free trial of SimCity Online.

-stops to ponder-

If I have to set up an account for this so that I could set up another account for that to use this for that, and then use that account to access this account to... where am I?

Seriously, getting a free trial should never to this troublesome. I rather not waste time and go play MapleStory instead. Ripping free skincare samples off from Biotherm counter girls seems like an easier feat than this! This whole string of registrations is just so farked up. It's a common practice that one registration account can be used across several sites (think: Yahoo-Flickr and Gmail-Blogger). So why should procedures be any lengthier like in this case?

Whatever it is, I am fed up now and have no mood to build houses and drill holes on the road. Argh...

Comments (0)