Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

ColBar - Found!

Posted in

After months of fruitless searching, I've finally found the address to ColBar!
9A Whitchurch Road (off Portsdown Road)

It was moved to make way for
a new road linking Queensway to Ayer Rajah Expressway. Last heard, it shifted to a place just 5 minutes down the road and reconstructed the exact way as it was originally. This was in 2003/4. So it meant it was the 'new' ColBar which I visited last year with The Manager.

ColBar (short for Colonial Bar) has been around since (duh)
colonial days, serving good English food and traditional Hainaniese food to the expats residing in that area. The expats would bring their families along on weekends and played soccer in the field next to ColBar. Walls of ColBar are decorated with photos taken aoens ago - all the angmohs playing soccer. I cannot emphasize how good the food is. You gotta try it for yourself. Porkchop; fish&chips; meat pies; English beer; ice nescafe; curry chicken etc etc. All under a corrugated-iron roof.

You know how I sucked at food reviews.
Someone else is better at it =D .

Enough said. I'm going to ColBar sometime this week. Cross my fingers it doesn't shut its doors as early as I shut down my office computer at 5.30pm.

[her powderfool speakers are blasting Maybe It's Just Me - Butch Walker]

Comments (0)