Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

Of hair-raising experience

Posted in

Queen Bee decided that I need a haircut. "It's been nearly four months leh."

How come I don't realize? Oh, the last time I visited the salon was sometime before last Christmas. I wanted to give myself a fresh look. To impress The Ex. Time crawls, doesn't it? For a moment I thought it was just last month when it happened. Like only yesterday when he complimented my hair smells like sweet yoghurt. *slaps own cheek*

What better time to chop your locks than when you are sick and how your hair looks becomes the least of any of your pending concerns? Exactly. Rather than letting Queen Bee do the talking, I was so tempted to pick up my mobile, open up the notes page and key in 'Please do whatever you deem fit to this pile of cylindrical, keratinized and often pigmented filaments. He's not here to see. I don't farking care anymore.' and shove it at the hairdresser's face. I didn't do it; the fever hasn't burnt my brain yet.

I was totally acting uninterested when the young hairdresser snipped away my hair. I was stoning until he came so close toward me that I felt a slight flash on my cheeks. Thank God I spritzed some Britney Spears's Curious. You know when you are terribly sick, like when the clock strikes at midnight, you become ugly overnight - oily hair, dull skin, saggy breasts, dry lips, droopy eyes. Some people smell too. Already I look so pathetic *coughs* I can't afford to smell.

He drew himself closer and I nearly wanted to die - I smelt garlic. From his breath lah, wherelse? A long train of vulgarities nearly popped out from my mouth. Suddenly I felt alert. I looked hard into the mirror at the reflection of the hairdresser. One wrong cut to my lovely locks, I'll make sure you die and burn in hell.

He must have felt my intensively burning glare. He took a look at the mirror, locked eyes with mine for a second and pulled away immediately.

missybe is an incidental blogger who wants to remind all that it is a dangerous attempt to go for a hair overhaul when the mind is not in a sound state. It's either you succeed in making yourself feel revitalised or you fail utterly and feel even worse thereafter. The latter happens more often.

[her powderfool speakers are blasting Scandalous - Misteeq]

Comments (1)

Eh that whoever, arh you lah. The one who said yoghurt smells stale because it's cultured milk. Duh! of cos I know. I've eaten Greek natural yoghurt since age of 5. But have you tried Marigold's fruit yoghurt? Duh! Have you even seen Meiji's strawberry yoghurt? Duh! Did you read I wrote 'SWEET yoghurt'? Duh! *averts eyes*

And because you can't afford to buy Britney Spears's Curious doesn't mean it's not good. Hello! Anyone told you it's the best selling perfume for 2005? *averts eyes*
*flicks hairs twice* *flick flick*