Posted in
I'm no gifted mathematician. I compared my monthly pay cheque vis-a-vis my progress package. It's only common sense that I look forward to my pay cheque more. Then I looked at the dates to expect my pay cheque and progress package, again it's only common sense that I look forward to my pay cheque more.
Okay so the progress package is like a chest of gold coins dropping from the sky. I already thought of saving it up for rainy days* until Queen Bee decides what needs to be done with that pile of money.
"Let's see. $350 as red packet for my birthday (13 May), $400 as red packet for Mother's Day (shite, I forget when that is) and another $50 to offset the loan I gave you for that two pairs of new shoes," she smiled at me gleefully.
....
Where is my progress?
*Note: Rainy days meaning when I break another bottle of Biotherm lotion, I need a new one; when I see a pair of shoes and decide one more will bring merry to the many others I have; when I feel happy and want to celebrate such bliss at Armani Exchange and Guess; when I face upsets and I need comfort at The Max Brenner Chocolate Bar or when I decide to continue with my studies next year, I can use it to buy a grand total of one semester's worth of books and notes.

Comments (0)
Post a Comment