Posted in grousings , travelogue
Apprehensive [ap-ri-hen-siv]
- adjective
1. Uneasy or fearful
2. quick to learn or understand: that I may not enjoy my upcoming trip to New Delhi.
I'm half dreading tomorrow's trip to New Delhi. I've been warned that the place is unhygienic, smelly and dusty. Don't be mistaken; I don't have a 99.9% princess complex. I have that bit of explorer's attitude which every globetrotter should have. But to go to a place so strangely unfamiliar makes me a tad uncomfortable. Plus it doesn't help that New Delhi has been placed on 'a heightened terrorism alert' since last December.
I'm in a dilemma now. New Delhi is averaging a high 20degrees and low 8degrees. But I'm not bringing my nice warm clothes and risk them being... dirtied. If you can get my drift... I'll probably don my trusty polo tees and wrap myself in a thick black jumper (my heart would ache less if it becomes smutty) and pray I won't freeze my arse off.
I won't be staying long enough to go sight-seeing (think: taj mahal); my impression of this city would probably be as thwarted as it is.

Lower your expactations to allow yourself to be surprised, kid. I did not expect much out of Siem Reap other than the temples, but I fell in love with almost everything about that place.
And yes, most parts of SR are dusty, murky and smelly.