Posted in c'est ma vie
when you lie on your bed stomach down on a Sunday dawn (5a.m. is not just morning right?), enthusiastically and happily make round circular red markings all over the latest issue of Her World with one hand while the other busily scoops spoonfuls of Ben&Jerry's.
"Cartier Declaration...Nicholas knit red dress...BeneTint lip stain...Bottega Veneta Cabat Tote...Bvlgari The Twist...Damn, I need all of these," you thought aloud as you count the number of days to payday. So simple, the bilthe in life. =)
*****
Calla lilies glow with such brilliant sunshine
All who see, smile with gladness, filled with warmth
"Because I have nothing to do on Sunday mornings," my simple reply seemed to take everyone back. They threw glances at each other to double-check. Really. Which is why I volunteered (or give up, you say) 5 hours of what could have been proper sleep, dragged my beautiful arse out of bed at 5.30a.m., nearly caused myself in need of medical intervention when I mistook hair cream for toothpaste and put myself in peril as I stood beside a deep wok full of bubbling hot oil.
Oh no biggie, just canteen service at my church. Heh. Carmen bought calla lilies to lift the mood, while the rest of the RCIA ministry contributed tasty breakfast dishes for the morning mass crowd. But seriously, I'm demanding that I'll be promoted out of the kitchen and serve chicken macaroni soup no more.

Comments (0)
Post a Comment