Posted in hunger management , sing-gahgah-pour
It's the usual suspects this lunar new year: champagne, port, wine, bwakua, pineapple tarts, almond cookies, braised pork, shark's fin (yes, I'm not your typical staunch environmentalist), abalone, never-seen-before and grandmother-passed-down-to-me dishes as well as calorie-loaded new year goodies. I am so proud that I can still fit into my clothes.
There is one dish which The Mother will never leave out on her list: Kueh Pie-Tee.
She never fails to make them and I never fail to finish 'em up all at once (almost). It's this little pie tee cases (deep fried moulds of dough) which one uses to hold stir-fried veggies consisting - shredded BangKwang (aka turnip) and carrot. One adds a freshly cooked prawn and top it off with parsley and chili (must be the chicken rice kind!).
Lethal combination of crunchy veggie, fresh prawn and spicy chili... Shioks!~
No other dishes cannot beat this baby which my mum prepares only once a year. Not even my favourite bwakua can seduce me away from this simple, yet very tasty snack.
Similar recipe is available here.
Meanwhile, Happy Lunar New Year! This little space will be flooded with pictures soon, I promise.

新年快乐, 好运天天来。