Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

i'm not scary

Posted in

One homo sapien told me that I don't look like I need a boyfriend/husband; I seemed to be able to hold the sky up high even if it's the day after tomorrow.

I looked at that person blankly for a moment before deciding, at the back of my mind, that it's such a screwed up logic (other than the thought of me wanting to shoot him point-blank). Say, what happens to a porcupine if you remove its sharp quills? You are left with a breathing meatball rolling about, waiting to be devour by larger predators and earning its place on the endangered species list. Precisely because it's vulnerable, it needs its damn quills. Such is life. Then again, underneath those sharp, stiff spines, the porcupine is just as adorable as any koala.

-rolls eyes- No, I'm not a porcupine! Just saying that the tough, cut-throat attitude comes from the much needed defence wall I built over the years. I just don't place as much trust on people these days; I learnt to turn to myself when all things fail (me). Such is life. But that doesn't mean I don't need a brolly on rainy days! I do appreciate you for making a trip to the library when you knew I needed reference books for my exams, you for accompanying me till dawn when I'm going through my 30-page final year thesis paper, you for bringing me a barley drink when I was miserably sick, you for waiting for me at the study area with your umbrella because it's raining, you for cracking silly jokes when I'm frowning, you for being patient with my frequent outbursts when I'm going through crazed shit, and you for remembering I love dark chocolates and it's always freezing cold in office.

All of you see? I'm quite nice actually. =)

Comments (0)