Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

brilliant campaign from the aussies

Posted in

The internet connection is up and running again (with the exception of the blardy internal mail server). In other words, I'm working again. -cheesh-

I was surfing the web, gathering ideas for e-postcards, when I came across a campaign done by the Aussie's tourism board not long ago. The tag line - 'Where The Bloody Hell Are You' - stirred up quite a bit of controversy and the TV advert was banned in a few countries including the UK.

Not sure about you, but I thought it's a brilliant campaign which grabs the audience's attention almost immediately with its tagline and smooth one-liners delivered with each frame (watch the tv ad lah, and you'll know what the bloody hell I mean). Was the tv ad run in Singapore? Moi not sure because moi haven't watched local channels for the past two donkey years. Food for thought: Is STB coming up with anything that gives our image THE BIG BANG?

Eh, 'Rain's Coming' Singapore concert doesn't count. Oh please, Project Postcard is a yawn. But what if we had taken a similar approach like the Aussies?


Aussie's version












Singa's version
















Next time STB wants ideas that make sense, must ask true blue and street-smart Singaporeans such as IZ Reloaded. In my humble opinion, 'Nabeh, so where the l** are you?' sounds more appropriate. My two cents' worth.

Comments (2)

I do prefer your "Nabeh, so where the l** are you?"

You're from Sydney? O_O

Actually your singlish was a tad weird but I didn't give much thought about it. Hah! But that was a good try!