Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

Missing: Grey Matter [Part One]

Posted in

Until recently, I thought I knew the regional libraries so well that I touted them as my playgrounds. Yah. . . i THOUGHT. There's just one thing (just one) which I didn't well in the library - the multimedia section. Who cares when I already have unlimited cable access at the comfort of my very own pig sty??

But this wouldn't do justification to my prior statement - The NLB is my playground. So . . .

Library Concerige (simply The Librarian. What fancy names they can come up with these days.)
: "Okay, no problem. I need your NRIC to set the account. Do you have cashcard? Later must pay first with the cashcard."

Huh?? Not free one arh?
Did I mention that I already have unlimited internet access at home? Please forgive my ignorance.


Me: "Yeah yeah. I have cashcard." I passed my NRIC to him.

As soon as he walked into the backroom, I frantically searched through my wallet.

UOB ATM card. . . UOB debit card. . .
UOB Mini debit card. . . Body Shop membership. . .
Biotherm membership. . . Business cards. . .
Starbucks. . . Spinelli. . .
'Just Like Heaven' movie tickets. . . eh fUck! Why is this still here?? (watched this movie with my ex. Anyway!)

Eh!? Cashcard leh?

Dang! Clearly remember the last time I used it was when I paid for a reservation fee at the Orchard library. So where the. . .

Mr. Concerige came back with my IC, "Okay everything's set up. You can go over that side to pay before using."
Me picking up my card: "Right. Thanks."

If our aura could permeate right through our epidermis and sets off some colour code according to our mood, then Mr. Concerige would have seen a Miss Hulk. Hulk as in The Incredible Hulk. I'm quite sure my face turned green. Sickening green. I saw my EZ Link card on the table. What the f*** was it doing with him? That card with my MissyPiggy-face photo! Wait a minute. I gave him my EZ Link card? Then where's my NRIC???

Freak!

[She had already mentally prepared herself for a long filed-for-lost-NRIC police interview when she found the cashcard in an old Pierre Cardin wallet and her NRIC in another Volcom wallet. So much for wallet-changing habits o_o"]

[her lousy speakers are blasting Don't Forget About Us - Mariah Carey]

Comments (0)