Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

tis the season for desserts

Posted in , ,

Fresh strawberries, creme, crunchy cereal, cinnamon and almond - all my favourites combined into one mighty awesome dessert!


I lost count the number of servings I had over the weekend. My arteries are probably cursing me mad. Dearie aJ bought a pot of creme anglaise to Cindy's potluck Christmas dinner and since I couldn't stop replenishing my cup with more strawberries and creme... it's highly addictive. To honour her hard work, I volunteered to take home nearly the entire pot of creme. To add some crunch to the bite, I improvised with almond cereal and layered it below the fresh fruit and creme in a champagne flute. Mighty pleased~!

Judging at the results of our culinary skills put to test during this festive season, I say dear Archie now doesn't have to worried about catering food at his store's launch reception. ;)

Basic recipe for Fresh Strawberries with Almond Creme Anglaise here.

Comments (4)

mmmm, creme anglaise and berries anyday! :) I miss all our gossip sessions! :)

yippee, you found the recipe and I thought I needed to go look for it to send to you =)

Hey Vicky, shall we organise a hightea@home session some day? ;) Make believe that we're some ladies of leisure.

aJ babe, it's a pretty generic recipe. You mentioned must reduce sugar. Is that right? ;) ahh... i'm still craving for more!

yes yes reduce sugar, for smaller quantities, use 80% sugar =P