Just a cup of Gie

twitter

Follow My Tweets

When I miss Skew, I'd do my mighty best to recall all the times we had together. Be it having a good laugh or getting pissed at each other (mostly me at him), I'd savour the memories of us holding hands, kissing and the notes and cards and poems he used to write to me.

Skew explained that he no longer writes for me because he feels happy (now we're steady together) and his happiness needs no form of expression. He prefers to be introspective.

'I know the means to be happy and I strive towards it. And perhaps that's why I'm running out of the emotions required for good poetry.'

Meanwhile, I'm one who feeds on dramatic out-of-this-world head-over-heels cannot-live-without romance, helium-filled pink balloons, flowers and William Blake's poems. SIGH.

Anyhoo, I was fiddling with the cards Skew used to send me and he wrote me this one very lovely poem for my 25th birthday.

Another Year

How time sneaks us by
As we navigate on life's choppy waters.
Too much on the next colliding wave
And too little on the journey.
Today's a good day;
Unlade your cargo and sieve
Blessings from misfortunes
Of the year gone past.
The chaotic world pauses
In the calm habour,
So relax your well-worn
Soul and celebrate your spirit.
Slow down and find this day
A familiar smile that never left
My lips, just for you.
Just as it'll always be
Another year.

Comments (0)